Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Fat Lady Has Sung

I finished my last shift today at Dell Edmonton. It was a very sad day for me indeed. Tomorrow I just go in to sign some paperwork and hand in my notebook and badge. I have worked with Dell since February 2005. It was a great run and I had the pleasure of working with some of the most talented people I have ever met in my life. Unfortunately for business reasons the company decided to pull out of Edmonton and just yesterday announced that Dell Ottawa would also be closing. I'm afraid this is a sign of the times. It's just getting too expensive for companies to operate here.

Sadly, I will miss all the water cooler talks...even though I never stood by the water cooler. I will deeply miss my co-workers and seeing their faces every day and I wish them all the best in their journey from here. It has been an extremely interesting few months and hope I never have to experience getting laid off again but in this day and age one just never knows...but I can still hope. *s*

Goodbye Dell. It's been one helluva ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment