Monday, March 10, 2008

Smash Bros. May Not Play On All Wii's

This caught my attention when I read it at PC World today. I double checked it on Nintendo's website and indeed it's in their support pages.

Here is an excerpt from Nintendo: "Super Smash Bros. Brawl utilizes a double-layer disc which has a large memory capacity. A very small percentage of Wii consoles may have trouble consistently reading data off this large capacity disc if there is some contamination on the lens of the disc drive. Nintendo has specialized cleaning equipment that can resolve this problem. (Please do NOT attempt to clean the lens yourself, as you may damage the system.)"

Basically you will have reading errors that will cause the game not to work. It's a pity really. This is one of the hottest and most anticipated game currently being released by Nintendo. I myself wasn't rushing out to get one but I know many people that were. Hopefully they won't be affected.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't got it yet.. but i expect i will soon.. it looks like a great game.. i hope i'm not affected by it

    ReplyDelete