Thursday, May 7, 2009

Calgary truck driver found guilty in deadly crash

I first blogged about this on Dec. 9, 2007...now so long after that tragic incident he is finally found guilty. Of course, sentencing won't happen for awhile yet...it never does. I don't understand why the judicial system takes so long but I guess everyone deserves a fair trial. I can't say that I am happy about all this. 5 people are still gone and now this man's family and friends will go through sadness too, but our society must stop allowing drinking and driving to go so lightly punished. We need to have serious consequences for driving under the influence...because there are SERIOUS consequences if we continue to allow needless deaths and tragedy to continue. To me it is unacceptable and makes no sense to me in our so called civilized society.

Edmonton Journal report.

No comments:

Post a Comment