Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sobeys

Walked up to Sobeys Urban Fresh supermarket here on Jasper Ave. and 104th street. It just opened this last Thursday. At about half the size of a standard Sobeys this little market has it all...albeit at a price. I guess they have to pay for their award winning chef's that are on staff! You can get fresh seafood and even pick a live lobster that they'll steam for you while ya shop! There are all kinds of "ready to eat" options. I watched a couple of women making fresh pizza. They looked delicious and even with the ten dollar price tag I know I'll be taking one home at some point. Tonight we picked up an individual serving of pasta with regular Mediterranean sauce. All of their already made pasta is done by Sorrentino's. It was tasty but the bun I chose was not one of my favorites from the bakery. Some artisan hard as a rock biscuit. I'll know better next time. We also grabbed Red some salmon that she enjoyed with the pasta. All in all the market is very nice and has lots of options for just about everyone. Just don't go in there thinking you're going to stock up on things. It's too expensive for that. This is more of a market that you pop in daily to get fresh meat and produce to make that outstanding dinner for family and friends you've thrown together at the last minute! The location couldn't be better for Red and I. Just a nice 10 minute stroll in the downtown core. Even better when you can drag friends along with you. *s* Next time I'll be grabbing a java at their coffee bar too!

Welcome to the neighborhood Sobeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment