Saturday, April 26, 2008

Prince George, British Columbia

Well, we had a very good drive out here today. The sun was shining and there wasn't much traffic at all! Can't get much better than that. We did have one close call mind you. I had just pulled out my laptop and was pleasantly clicking away when Redder had to SLAM on the breaks. Let me say...my seat belt did the job! A deer had jumped out in front of us. Red's heart was going pretty good but we continued on our way. *whew* That would not have been fun at all.

I jumped into the drivers seat in Edson and when we pulled out we noticed another Suzuki SX4. A young trendy couple that we gave a thumbs up to. They smiled back and laughed. They ended up following us till Jasper when they turned off. So we had a little SX4 train. heh heh

I love the GPS even more. Not only did it get us to our destination which is a motel called Bon Voyage but during the trip it was nice to see how many kilometers we had left to go. I also liked how it zoomed out once we left Edmonton so we could see the terrain more. Quite interesting as it shows you the way of the road and bodies of water. I'm actually glad we had the GPS as this city has grown quite a bit since the last time I was around these parts. It's got to be about 15 years since I've made my way back home to Kitimat.

We left Edmonton at eight this morning and pulled up to the motel at about ten to five our time. Just in time to check in and get the Montreal hockey game on! We stopped at McBride for a light lunch. Red had a bowl of clam chowder and I had a delightful BLT. *s*

Looking forward to seeing my family tomorrow...and of course snooping around my old stomping grounds. I imagine it's changed a bit...but knowing Kitimat...probably not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment