Thursday, April 3, 2008

Feeling Blue

Saying goodbye to friends is never easy. Saying goodbye to so many at one time is downright sickening. Approximately 400 people left Dell today. There is only about 100 left at the site and soon we will all be gone. I know we'll all be okay in this job market here in Edmonton. My sadness stems from already missing my co-workers. These past 3 years have been an incredible experience for me and one which I couldn't possibly forget. Like I've said numerous times lately. A job is a job no matter where you go. There's always going to be things you like and things you don't. It's the people that make work a great place to be and Dell had some truly GREAT people. I am really going to miss that part of it. Tomorrow starts yet another chapter at work. Every week for the next three weeks, departments will close and we will say goodbye and wish each other much luck along the way. I am not looking forward to the Ghost Town it will be. Once a vibrant new call center of 1000-1200 people just 3.5 short years ago. Now, our numbers are small but our hearts seem big because of how heavy they are.

2 comments:

  1. Teddy,

    You are such a softy and I love you for it. My saddness is hidden deep and I refuse to show it! Make sure you come to my To Hell with Dell Party on the 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I could hide my emotions...even just a little bit. I totally can't hide a damn thing!

    Ya, pretty much a cry baby lately. *s*

    ReplyDelete