Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ellen DeGeneres Discusses The Recent Tragic Death

Thank you Ellen. For bringing this type of thing into the living rooms of so many people. I am gay and as I sit here and type my thoughts are scrambled. I know this stuff happens every day on small and large scales all over the world but I still have a hard time to truly understand that someone would KILL ME for just being gay. That would be like someone killing anyone...well, for simply "breathing". I am not a radical lesbian but I do not hide who I am either. I allow people to know all of me because otherwise the hundreds of thousands who outed themselves in much tougher times would have done so for nothing. I can be open today because of it and for that I am extremely and eternally grateful. Our planet is much smaller than it ever was before. Now more than ever we need to love and understand each other instead of having a mentality of shoot first and ask questions later. May you rest in peace Larry.

No comments:

Post a Comment