Thursday, March 6, 2008

Blog Name

People sometimes ask me...are your cats really blind? The simple answer is no. I just liked the sound of it like the old nursery rhyme "Three Blind Mice".

The main blog picture is our 3 beloved kitties but one is no longer with us. The oldest Juda on the right, passed away almost two years ago (hard to believe it's been that long already). He was an old fart of 19 years and we adopted him when his owners were going to put him down. They couldn't find a home for his 11 year old stature as people wanted younger kittens. So we took the old man in and we thoroughly enjoyed him. Jasper the middle cat is 17 years old and still extremely active. He's getting cataracts though and his hearing is not so good. It makes getting his attention extremely difficult at times!!! We got him at Red's brother's farm way back when. He was a runt and his eyes were infected so we took him in. Little bugger drives us crazy each day with his little rituals but we love him to death. Squeegy on the left of the picture is the youngest at 11 years. She was a street cat that found her way into our heated garage in Camrose in the dead cold of winter. I was going to feed her and keep her warm till it got a little nicer out. Of course, she stayed and is one of the most adorable and photogenic cats I have ever encountered in my life (and trust me I've been around a few...I've had cats around me since childhood).

So there you have it. The cats are not "actually" blind although they do run into things from time to time. *s*

No comments:

Post a Comment