Saturday, February 23, 2008

Jumper

I went to the matinee today and saw Jumper. It was just an "ok" movie and you can definitely wait to rent it. No real need to see it on the big screen. I got a little sea sick watching it too. I don't know why movie makers insist on having the cameras bouncing around like beach balls. I do not enjoy it whatsoever. I am part of a small percentage of people that actually get motion sickness from it and it sure doesn't feel good. Blah. The closest I've come to almost puking was at The Blairwitch Project. Holy Hannah did I fight it back. Needless to say I didn't see 75% of that movie as I had to close my eyes.

On another note, I have to say thanks to Kristjan and his trusty key flashlight! The hunt was on for my Honey Mustard sauce for my chicken fingers. Couldn't see a damn thing than EUREKA, let there be light. Bingo...I was dippin my chicken. *s* Beats popcorn kernels stuck in my teeth any day.

4 comments:

  1. I saw the same movie though for a few less bucks. I have a slightly different take on it and Think it's a good action flick. Though I can guess that that's not your cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the contrary...I love action films but I found this one to be just a bit too, I don't know...corny? I thought the story was ok but they could have done so much more with it. The acting was sub par also. *shrug* One of the main reasons I said to wait to rent it was because there wasn't a huge number of special effects that warranted watching it on the big screen.

    Glad you enjoyed the show! I really can't complain though...this was a team work thing and I got in for free. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumper has the pulse of a good suspense movie. What it lacks though is a comprehensible exposition about the group after the Jumpers, and the reason for the rift, and how Jumpers came to be, what they are, etc. It's a movie that relies on a sense of history, just like Harry Potter or Pirates of the Caribbean that lets you paint a more detailed picture because you understand how everything became what they are now. It gives the story more substance than just a mere plot of electric-jolting whip-carrying guys chasing after people who can jump from one place into another. This was a movie that left a lot of unanswered questions. It's not a sudden phenomenon. Jumpers have been there for a long time. And I'd like to know how they came to be, how they can stop being one, if that's possible, and if in a way, it can almost be possible in real life. It has a very good concept. It lacks execution. And the main character (whose name I can't remember anymore) has made a lot of very bad, obvious choices in the film which was very frustrating. Between that and the really nice special effects (which does leave one a bit woozy), it's a 6 out of 10 for me.

    ReplyDelete