Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ghost Squad




Today I'm here to review a new game we picked up for the Wii recently. Ghost Squad. This is my very first experience with a "rail shooter" type game. That means the user has limited control as to where you go on the screen. The game moves for you! Although you are not controlling your character to go where you want, you do have some choices along the way that manipulate "where" the game goes.

I am not a hard core gamer and especially for first person shooters. I find it too complicated to move and shoot or attack at the same time. Hence, I get frustrated because I die alot and don't progress through the levels. With this game that is not the case. All I need to focus on are the bad guys and to pull the trigger with some accuracy! Now I know some of you may think that would be boring but really it's not. This game has a huge fun factor in my opinion and is defiantly worth the money. We paid $34.99 at Future Shop and it wasn't even on sale.

We play the game using guns but you don't have to. Red likes the Wii Zapper and I use the Wii Light Gun. My gun gives you a slight disadvantage because the trigger is harder to pull and causes you to not be as quick. It gives you a score after each mission and I am always behind but I really don't care about those things. I love my gun and I love this game in party mode. Four friends shooting it up together or two players shooting it up double style...two guns that is!!!

I'm giving Ghost Squad for the Nintendo Wii a definite thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment