Wednesday, January 2, 2008

55 Years!

Yesterday I went to Camrose with Red to celebrate her parent's 55th wedding anniversary. I don't even think I comprehend what that actually means. Red and I have made it to 20 years and that is just in no way comparable to theirs! When I realized it had been 20 years that we had spent our lives together it was a light bulb moment for me. I have lived with Red longer than I lived at home growing up. So when I look at a couple that are celebrating 55 years together...it truly is an amazing accomplishment. No wonder you hear stories that when one spouse passes it isn't long that the other one does. How could you not? Your soul would be half at best. I hope that I have the opportunity to celebrate a 55th with Red. Alot of things would have to "go right" that's for sure. And of course, we would have to keep from killing each other at times. *s* Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment