Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Learn To Play Guitar


I've talked about Guitar Hero and Rock Band a few times here. And although I thoroughly enjoy "rockin' it out" in video land there is still a huge part of me that really wants to learn to play the guitar for REAL. So it's time to get serious. No more wishing I could magically play...it's time to put the blood, sweat and tears into learning it.


I've got a couple of books, Guitar for Dummies and Guitar Manual which I have looked through. I've been to various websites that offer some pretty good material but I was recently shown a website by a friend from work that I wanted to share with you. The website is called justinguitar.com and it's free or if you feel so inclined to contribute for his helpful stuff, you may do that as well.


My first step is to buy a new guitar. We didn't know that a cheap guitar would actually add to my frustration with buzzing and how hard it was to play. Who knew? We really should have done our homework. I'm lucky enough now to know someone that knows guitars and music well. We're going shopping for a Fender or whatever catches my eye and falls into my price range!


I should be causing my partner plenty of reason to use her ear plugs soon enough! To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment