Friday, May 29, 2009

Jaywalking is Expensive

Here is my comment for an article in the Edmonton Journal about Police ticketing pedestrians for jaywalking.

Teddy
I walk to work and jaywalk everyday across two not so busy streets downtown. I look both ways TWICE and cross at my own risk. I don't take chances and I'll wait till all is quiet. Getting a ticket for $250 seems a tad bit on the crazy side to me. For drivers out there...I am also a driver...and when operating my vehicle it is up to me to be on the lookout at all times, not just at a crossing. Things happen...you have to be alert and in control and you must take EXTRA care at crossings. Being nonchalant and thinking nothing will ever happen is so not worth the consequences. So ya...Big Boo to hefty jaywalking tickets.
May 28, 2009
3:53 PM

Just a tiny rant...nothing much.

No comments:

Post a Comment