Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tour at Work



Today was like Show and Tell. I got a chance to go on a tour to see the Server rooms and telecommunications center. I found it all extremely fascinating. The rooms were clean and loud. Imagine hundreds of computers running! And boy do they kick out a ton of heat. I was standing by one rack of servers and I could have closed my eyes and pictured myself on a beach. :-) Of course they keep those areas cooled down with some big time air conditioning. The last stop was where all the telephone lines run into the various buildings Atco has in the downtown core. All I can say is that it was a MASSIVE wall of wires. Insanity to me...to try and find the correct line attached to someone's phone. The network guy said he can find it with relatively no problem. I see chaos and he sees organized wires I guess. That's why they pay him the big bucks! Yup...t'was a great day at work!!! :-P

These photos aren't from my tour. I just found some on the Internet that reminded me of what I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment