Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Once Upon a Time...

Teddy experienced one of those mornings you wish you could have just stayed in bed. The story goes like this.

I was On Call last night so of course someone was calling in early this morning. Actually, this is the good part of my morning...they waited until 6:30 to call...and only the On Call Gods know that this is a good thing. Anyway, I stop taking calls at home at 7am and usually that's my time to hop in the shower and get ready for work. Today however, I had to move the car out of the parkade as they were doing cleaning today. No problemo. I always park it down by the ball diamonds. I'll still have plenty of time. So off I go but what's this??? Every car in the greater north is already parked there??? I drive around and around and cannot find one small space for my half a meter larger than a Smart Car...car. So I end up in an Imperial parking lot directly behind my building. Perhaps 20 feet. *sigh* I go to pay and figure out it will cost me 6 bucks. Ok, I can live with that seeing as how there is no parking anywhere to be seen in a 2.4 mile radius of my place. I dig in my wallet and pull out my Visa. The machine says..."This machine does not recognize that type of card". After many attempts I pull out my debit card but get the exact same message. Dammit. I don't have 6 dollars in change in my pocket. So off I go to get money from the condo. As I'm going up in the elevator it decides to go on strike. *sigh* There I am...stuck in the elevator. After some fiddling it starts moving and low and behold it lets me off at my floor. I scurry through the condo looking for loose change. Shazam...got it. Race back down only to FIGHT with the dreaded machine. It was having a hard time swallowing my coins. At this point you wouldn't want to know the exact vocabulary I was using. Hey, it's downtown...there are no kids around. Finally it takes my money and spits me out the ticket. *whew* I can now get back to the condo and clean up. But wait...the elevator has once again taken me hostage. There I stand...in the middle of the small lonely room...I look up as if in disbelief...come on big guy...you gotta be kidding me right? As a side note, I did notice they put new light bulbs in there. Makes it a little brighter...cozier. Anyway, I digress. Where was I...oh ya...I finally play "Is this your floor" and make it out alive. Inside the apartment I breathe a sigh of relief. I've made it. Time to go drown that entire ordeal in a nice hot shower. WRONG. The Gods were not done with me yet. There was no hot water. Boy did I sing a song.

Moral of the story. Stay in bed on your brothers birthday.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Teddy, I feel so bad! What a terrible start to your day! :(

    ReplyDelete