Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dr. Mario Online RX

So yesterday I finally purchased Dr. Mario in the new Wii Ware section of my Nintendo Wii. Wii Ware is basically the same as downloading Virtual Games but they are new games just created or like Dr. Mario...have been a bit revamped. The Virtual Games are all the retro games you played and loved oh so many ions ago. We played head to head a bit and essentially it's the same as it's original predecessor. Kind of a Tetris spin off that I remember wasting many an hour with the Dr. and his damn pills! The controls are simplistic and we just used the wiimote turned sideways. For me this is the most comfortable way and reminds of the original controller quite a bit. The download took up 92 blocks on my hard drive. I believe I have 814 blocks still available so I will be able to download a few more games before having to purchase a second hard drive that I hope Nintendo is making for their system!!! So far I have 8 games downloaded onto the hard drive. Check my note in Facebook to see all the games we own so far. I didn't get a chance to play the newer game they have in Dr. Mario yet. It's called Virus Blaster and you use the wiimote as a pointer as per usual and move the pills that way. I'm sure I'll be giving that a go as well...but for the most part. It's all about the retro game. I love this game and I love Nintendo for bringing all these oldies but goodies back to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment