Thursday, May 15, 2008

Stairway To Heaven My Ass!

Who ever said getting into shape was fun is off their rocker. Tonight I went for a walk and finally did a set of stairs I've been avoiding for the entire time we've lived here. That's 7+ years! The last few years I have put on a few pounds so I have to do stairs like this as well as eat a balanced diet to get back to my old...somewhat self. *sigh* This is not, and will not be the "fun part". I did manage to climb the 201 stairs but boy was there some burning going on. Plus I sprained my ankle a bit earlier in the day. I had met a friend for coffee downtown. Afterwards I was walking home and took a header big time. Rolled my ankle and popped back up again asap. My ego was bruised enough. I didn't need any senior citizens helping me up while I whined in pain.

This picture is one set of the stairs. There is a small landing before having to tackle the next set. I doubt I'll be running up these anytime soon but if everything goes as planned...I'd be ABLE to without needing an oxygen tent. *s*

No comments:

Post a Comment