Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Got A Wii Fit!

So I did the unthinkable today. I stood in line at Best Buy for 30 minutes in the rain waiting for them to open. Waiting to get my fat little paws on the new Wii Fit! I was successful in my mission. There were about 90 on hand and I'd say there were about 50 people in line. Now, here's something that was VERY apparent. This was not a hard core gamers line up. Instead about 90% of the people desperately wanting to get their hands on one were suburban mature women! I actually had to snicker to myself. Man, did Nintendo get it right. Quietly lurking in the background for the last few years...they have struck with vengeance in the market for consumers money! Albeit Xbox and Playstation have a very different following but one that really isn't growing. Nintendo has managed to tap into a market that has been untouched. From 6 year old kids to 75 year old grandpa's, everyone is playing, talking about and most importantly...buying everything Wii.

I played through everything once when I got home and yes, it got my heart rate up. That damn Yoga Tree pose on the box is insane. I'm sure I will improve as time goes by. I highly recommend this game if you need something to get you active and off the couch. Train everyday, set a goal and follow your progress. Wasn't I surprised when it showed me my weight! Don't worry, you can add a password if you are shy about letting everyone see such things.

Long live the Wii!

No comments:

Post a Comment