Tuesday, April 15, 2008

XPS M1530



I picked up my new laptop last night and have been tweaking it out and loading programs on it ever since. As I unpackaged it all I held my breath as I hit the power button. I was hoping everything booted up correctly. All was well! Now it's just a matter of getting used to using Vista on a full time basis. I just love how they either rename previous programs we all know from XP or move them to an entirely new location of the operating system. Overall I am very pleased with my choices and the only thing I would have liked to bump up was the processor but I was desperately trying to keep the price down. Most of these specs were included in the basic price.

Some specs:

Intel Duo Core 2.0
3 gig's ram
256 Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
200GB hardrive (7200)
Remote controller for Media Player
8 in 1 card reader
1394 Firewire
3 usb
HDMI
S-Video
VGA
Built in 2.0 megapixel web camera
Bluetooth
Wireless N card
High Resolution Glossy Widescreen 15.4 inch lcd (1680x1050)
Slot Load DVD +/-RW dvd/cd read write
Midnight Blue cover

The coolest feature has to be the biometric finger print reader. It allows me to log in with the swipe of any finger I've registered. The software also allows you to configure it so you can use it to log into websites that need a username and password. Instead of typing you could be swiping!

No comments:

Post a Comment