Sunday, March 30, 2008

Safari

I downloaded and installed Safari for Windows this morning.  That's Apple's web browser.  I just found out that it was available for XP and Vista so I thought I would give it a try.  I am currently running Mozilla Firefox and have steadily been impressed with it's plugin's and performance.  So, off to Safari.  The install was painless but because it was a new browser it took me some time to get things the way I like them.  I did notice a bit of an increase in speed.  It loaded the majority of the web pages quite quickly.  It is a simple looking web browser but I'm sure you can install themes to make it as pretty as you like.  It comes with an array of built in bookmarks which I found handy.  I don't know if Safari will end up being my default web browser but it's nice to have some different choices other than the notorious Internet Explorer.  Now, if I can just wean Red away from IE.  She's not one for change.  *s*  

2 comments:

  1. I installed Safari as well. Turns out it's not a very secure browser.
    http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9728500-7.html
    PayPal has blocked use with its site. I also found it to be slower than Firefox.

    -Shaps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good info Shaps. I only used it for an hour or so and then went back to Firefox. I love all the tweaking I can do with this browser.

    ReplyDelete