Saturday, March 15, 2008

Pay it Forward

I have to share an experience I had this morning. As I drove through the darkened icy streets on my way to work I was somewhat jealous of all the missing traffic. I knew everyone was at home still curled up in a warm bed. I pulled up to the drive thru at Tim Horton's before heading into work. I'll have an extra large coffee, triple cream and a blueberry muffin please. I waited patiently behind a mini van. They seemed to be taking a little longer than usual but I wasn't worried. I had allotted myself plenty of time. As I pulled up to the window the lady handed me my stuff and she had the hugest grin on her face. She said, everything is paid for. The woman ahead of you paid for it all. This is the first time something like this has happened to me. I think I was somewhat in shock. I said "Really? Thanked her and drove off. I cannot describe well in words what I felt. I was smiling...inside and out. My body felt a warmness rush through it. It was an incredible feeling and a tear formed in the corner of my eye.

To whom ever was in front of me. Thank you for your small gesture of goodness. You have touched my heart and I will indeed pass this feeling along. Everyone needs to experience this! Check out the Pay it Forward Movement website.

No comments:

Post a Comment