Sunday, February 10, 2008

Escalations

I have to rant. I took an escalation yesterday and the person was extremely irate because WE (the company) did not tell her what is a consumable (she pays for) and what is covered by the warranty (the company pays for). Things that make you go hmm.

I am here to shout it from the roof tops. It is not the responsibility of any company on the planet to report to you what is and what is not covered under the warranty of the product you are purchasing!!! It is the consumers responsibility to do this. If these things are important to you than I say...do some research...read the contract before purchasing...ask some questions. For example, if having a toll free phone number is important to you when you need to call for technical support make sure this is part of this products package. If you need the toaster to also be your back up alarm clock, do some research before buying it. Don't get it home and a month later scream at someone because they didn't tell you that it doesn't actually have an alarm function!

For myself, I do research the hell out of most of the products I purchase but I do not read the warranty. If my product has an issue later on down the line that's when I'll pull out the warranty and read it over to see if my problem's covered. If not, c'est la vie!

Just my two cents this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment