Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Snoring: The Pain In My Bed


My partner has been snoring at night for the past few years which makes every night an adventure for me. Considering it only takes her minutes to be sleeping once her head hits the pillow, it doesn't leave me much time to fall asleep BEFORE her and have chance to miss all the unique and unusual sounds that spew beside me. This in no way is my attempt to slam my girlfriend. She has no control and I know if she had a choice she certainly wouldn't keep me up night after night with her musical chatter. Besides, I don't believe the individual that's snoring is getting the best rest they can achieve either. *shrug*


So we finally bought some Breathe Right Nasal Strips. We purchased a box of 10 clear ones and right on the front of the package it states that it "reduces snoring". Well, I'm here to say that it was a huge success on night one! She read the instructions carefully and strategically stuck one on her nose before we retired for the evening. It did not eliminate the snoring but what was left was negligible. There was very little snoring and it was in a much lower decibel than regularly. I am hoping this is not a one off and will give this a good few weeks before I post about it again.


For anyone that suffers from thinking "evil thoughts" about their snoring loved one just inches away I definitely recommend this product. It's worth it's weight in sanity.


1 comment:

  1. My dad uses those all the time he hardly snores at all. It used to be bad enough for him that he'd wake him self up ... my mom used to wear ear plugs.

    ReplyDelete