Saturday, December 29, 2007

Pimp My Ride









Ok, so it's not my ride I'm pimping. It's my guitar for Guitar Hero.

Supplies needed: Guitar, Clear Decals, Scissors

I found a picture of Spidey online and printed it off. You'll want to play with the size a bit to get it right depending on where you want to position your picture. We had some sheets of decal paper around the house we had used to print some Oilers stuff off for the car window. One thing you'll need to change when printing is to choose "transparency" in your paper options. This is an important step so don't forget! Once it's printed off it's just a matter of cutting it out. As you can see I didn't cut exactly around it but close enough. Peel the backing off and presto, you've got a pimped out guitar! These are reusable and can be taken off and on quite easily so if your mood changes you can change your picture too! Now because it is printed and there's no coating to protect it they probably won't wear well so I suggest not sticking it where your arm rests on top of the guitar. I think my first attempt turned out very well. I have to play with the decal a bit more to get some air bubbles out but other than that it looks awesome.

What do you think?
Update: I found that the ink smudged a bit when even slight touching was happening while playing the guitar. So I decided to use a second piece of clear decal to cover the printed object. Before cutting out your decal cut a new piece larger than your picture. Remove it's backing and press it onto the picture. Now cut both pieces together. It's a simple solution but it act's as a great barrier for those sweaty hands! Go ahead, pimp out your guitar...or anything else laying around the house for that matter!

1 comment:

  1. well.. that's the Pimp My Ride: Geek Edition if i've ever seen it...

    ReplyDelete