Monday, December 10, 2007

Be a Rock Star before Christmas...for a price!


I ventured to West Edmonton Mall today. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be but definitely busy enough. The traffic going home though was quite horrific so it's obvious the Christmas rush is on.


That brings me to today's findings. I wandered into a store called "Play Me" where they sell new and used video games. I couldn't NOT stop. There were a stack of Rock Band boxes as high as the eye could see. Now this game is all the rave and I know it was recently released for the Playstation and Xbox. If you're like me and own a Wii we're still going to have to wait because it hasn't even been launched yet. Even though it has been launched for the PS and Xbox try finding one in the city right now. You'll have better luck finding a Tim Horton's with less than ten people in line at the counter. So this brings me back to the STACK of boxes they had at this store. Upon closer inspection my eyes focused in on the price tag. EEEE GADS! That couldn't possibly be correct...could it? There it was in plain black and white. You give them $499.99 and you'll be the envy of all mall walkers as you tote your big black box to the car! Now let me rewind a few weeks back when I happened upon an add from a local flyer (can't remember which store). They had Rock Band advertised for $189.99 so you can imagine my shock and horror at the price tag I saw today. Apparently the store had special ordered them from Australia. Hence the hefty price. So if you have money to blow and really want to surprise that certain someone for Christmas head on down. At that price why not pick up two? I know there's a Rock Star in you just waiting to pound on the drums or sing that ballad like no other. *s* Don't wait too long though. At that price they'll be gone quickly. LOL

Update: The Canadian launch for Rock Band was actually delayed from Nov. 22 to Dec. 17th. There were rumors that the Canadian game did not have the French version installed. Looks like this game will be very scarce for the Christmas season. Maybe the Play Me store will sell out of their overly priced products after all.

3 comments:

  1. He he Play me? yeah when you go there you certainly get played. i remember finding that they had wiimotes when they were hard to find for like 150$ so yeah they're the most expensive store for that kind of thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrcTz5XRtN8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doh! Play Me = Part with wads of cash quickly!

    ReplyDelete